Archiv der Kategorie: DIY

Builds, Code and donotknowwhat

New Tool/Toy: Tevo Tarantula

I found my way into 3D printing with the Tevo Tarantula, a Prusia i3 clone at a pretty low price(205$). The base model has pretty much everything i was looking for.

The available options looked interesting, but i choose to stay with the basic model. Options included:

  • Larger build  area: i don’t think i need one, and i guess it would draw more current, and therefore be harder on the power switching and power supply. Also: more power consumption means more heat dissipation, and, well…  it‘ summer 🙂
  • Dual or fancy extruders: i guess i could add this option later on if i like to.  I expected to be able to get into 3D printing with the basic model. Dual extruders seem  to add a lot of complexity, so i chose to avoid them for now.
  • Automatic bed leveling. To be honest, i added this option to my order, but the sensor failed after my  second print.  Turns out that the 35$ option is just a 8$ sensor + a connector.  Let’s pretend that i didn’t chose  the option and just added the sensor later on 🙂

This Youtube Playlist helpt a lot putting the printer  together. The build was pretty strait forward.

Adding the bed level sensor was basicly just one more screw. The rest is changing the firmware, which required a bit more reserach. The firmware is an open source project called Marlin. The configuration file is a bit hard to get through, but there is a comunnity(facebook, website) surrounding the Tevo Tarantula, which provides configuration.h files for the Tevo (also one with automatic bed leveling).

New Media

Ein neues Medium für mich war an diesem Wochenende Epoxidharz. Ziel der Aktion war das ersetzten einer heraus gebrochenen Gehäuseecke. Grund für das herausbrechen, und damit auch Herausforderung für Ersetzten: Die Ecke hält das Display-Scharnier  fest.

Ergebnisse:

  • Alles hält und ist stabil genug für den Zweck
  • Nie wieder in der Wohnung. Der Härter hat nen widerlichen Gestank hinterlassen.

Kameragehäuserekonstruktion mit Epoxidharz

Serial Access

Nachdem ich jetzt mal wieder ewas mehr Zeit hab, geh ich momentan mal wieder ein bischen an meiner Linkstation basteln. Um etwas mit der pre-boot Umgebung spielen zu können und mich nicht vollständig auszusperren, hab ich mich entschlossen, das gute Stück um eine serielle Schnittstelle zu erweitern. Kein zu Großer Aufwand, da auf der Platine direkt beschriftete Kontakte sind, in die nur ein Pin Header gelötet werden muss.

Linkstation Pro with Serial Connection

Fotos dazu gibts bei Flickr